Monday, September 23, 2013

Game Night Fun Facts

While we don't often play board games (it's tough to play with only two people), I do find them fun to play.  I like to find old games at garage sales because they are unique and it's interesting to see how they compare with games nowadays.

Fishin' Time is one game that I picked up a few years ago for Rob's birthday and it was a hit.  I only spent a few dollars on it, so even though it's only been played a few times it's been worth the money.

When we do play Monopoly it's on the wii.  It's so much easier to play since the math is done for you, but it's not quite the same as actually handling the money.  I guess it's kind of like the difference between reading a book on an e-reader or actually holding the book in your hands.


Infographic Credit

I'm not surprised board game sales have doubled.  Sometimes when I wander through the toy aisle at a store I see a ton that look fun, and if I had someone who would play them with me I would buy them.

This summer when I was working the kids and I played a lot.  Twister was out for me (obviously a little tricky when your pregnant), but we played Monopoly (on the wii) or Monopoly Junior, Life, and a game that I can't remember the name of, but was similar in concept to Apples to Apples.  I loved that I got paid to do it. :)

I look forward to being able to play some games with baby girl when she get's big enough. Candy Land was always a favorite of mine when I was little.

Check out this list of great kid games.

No comments:

Post a Comment