Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Eleanor's 3 month update





Not sure how my sweet peanut is already 3 months, but this is how I feel about that.
The Ultimate Collection Of Will Ferrell Reaction GIFs

As far as sleep and scheduling we have no predictability other than she is usually up for the day around
8 am.

Some days she will want to nurse right away and some days she might be up for a while before nursing.

Then some days she will want to nap after about 2 hours up (which is the norm for her actually) but other days she might be tired after an hour and half.

When she does sleep during the day I do my best to read her sleep cues and put her in a sleep sack and put her in the crib drowsy but awake.  It works more often than not and she will usually fall asleep on her own.  If she doesn't and I know she's tired I can usually pick her up and kind of sway with her and she'll be out pretty quickly.

Of course every time I think we have some sort of routine down she shows me who is boss and switches it up.  I get a little anxious now at the thought of going out into public since I just can't predict anything.

****************************
She's outgrowing her 3 month pajamas and her 3 month pants very quickly.  I have a lot of clothes I don't think she will ever wear and I've been putting away some still with tags on them.


***************************

I wish she would never outgrow her rock n play so she could sleep next to me.  I stir really easily, and I'm up earlier than I would like to be, but those big smiles that I get the first time I look at her are so worth it.   I love having her next to me.  I'm pretty sure I will be constantly watching the monitor or getting up to check on her when she moves to her crib.  

**************************

I know a lot of times parents want to be liked by their kids and be their friend, but I like to think of Eleanor as my little buddy.  We do it all together.  Yeah I know I'm sounding cheesy, but I really love hanging out with her.  Although even I do like having a break I miss her when we aren't together, and I don't want to be away from her for more than a few hours. 


*************************

I hear breastfeeding get's easier after 3 months.  It's been easier the last few months, so I'm hoping that trend continues and it keeps getting better.  I'm pretty proud of myself for making it three months already.
The Ultimate Collection Of Will Ferrell Reaction GIFs

 I do worry a little bit about milk supply now that she's sleeping longer stretches.  

I've cut back on pumping, although I was only pumping once a day as it was, but I think I need to keep up that once a day pump so I can have milk on hand.

*************************

She loves to look at her self in the mirror and suck on her hands and I'm pretty sure she's going to be quite the daddy's girl.

She's starting to hold onto toys and has quite the grip on our shirts or hair or really anything she can hold onto. 

Her hair is developing a sight reddish tint, but depending on the light it either looks blonde, strawberry blond or light brown.

Her eyes are still a darker blue.  We think they will turn green since we both have green eyes.

 I weighed her today by weighing myself holding her and then without her and going by that she's 13 lbs.

**********************

I'm doing well.  I'm about to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm still in maternity pants because my hips are still big.

I feel like I'm finally out of this fog where I had no idea how a whole day went by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment