Monday, January 6, 2014

The Eleanor Update: Week 13



Breastfeeding:
Still going alright.  Yeah for that!  She still usually feeds on one side though randomly she will be on both.

I've been trying to reintroduce bottles this last week.  She had 2 the whole month of December.  Because of my worries about clogged issues, I'm only having her take 1-1.5 oz, but it's enough so that she get's used to the bottle, but not enough that she doesn't want to nurse.  Luckily she's been okay and hasn't had any nipple confusion.

Sleep:
On Friday she slept a 5+ hour stretch.  She probably would have slept longer but she had been going on 8 hours of not nursing on one side and 7 on the other so I was starting to feel uncomfortable, and I needed her to eat so I got her up to do it.  Although she was starting to stir a little bit, and she needed a diaper change, but her sleep stretches are getting a little longer at night.

Day time is still a toss up though.  Usually she sleeps in 20-30 minute stretches.

I did let her nap on me a few times this last week because it was the only way I could get her to sleep.  Even then I could only get maybe a 45 minute nap.

Then last night she was wide awake at 4:30 for a while, and then up at 7am and I thought she was up for the day, but after a diaper change and nursing she slept until 10 am.

What can I do to help her nap longer stretches during the day?  Often times she will wake up and be okay in her crib for 5-10 minutes before she starts crying. 


Miscellaneous:
I got a few giggles out of her this week.  Smiles are easy to get, but those laughs are still hard to come by so when I get them I just melt even more.

14 Differences Between First-Time And Experienced Parents

We were eating dinner and she had a massive blowout.  Worst one she has had yet.  It was in her belly button.  (Sorry I'm sharing that Eleanor).  Straight to the bath it was.  It's pretty funny, but I don't know what I would do if something like that happened in public.

image


Me:
Still feeling exhausted.  I tried to take a nap yesterday because Rob was around to be with her but could not fall asleep. I just can't shut my mind off enough. I'm constantly worrying about when she needs to eat, am I making enough milk?, is Rob going to know how to calm her when she cries? (not doubting him; he can handle it) how can I get her to sleep longer during the day etc..?  I'm pretty sure these are just normal new mom worries though and not cause for concern.


Cousin stare down.




I wish this wasn't blurry, but I love that smile. 

















1 comment:

  1. She is a doll! What a cutie! :)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your encouraging comment. And I'm sorry that you had to go through pain of miscarriages. My heart aches for you!

    ReplyDelete