Thursday, July 17, 2014

~Babyganics Sunscreen Review~



Last week I took Eleanor to the zoo.  I put sunscreen on her before we left the house, reapplied when we got to the zoo, and then again an hour later.  And still her little legs got red.  I felt terrible even though it didn't seem to bug her.   I'm not sure how it happened.  Either I'm that bad at applying or the sunscreen was ineffective.

A few days later I got some Babyganics sunscreen in the mail for review.   It's summertime and while I do my best to limit the sun exposure (by avoiding during peak hours, using sunglasses and wearing a hat, and the obvious one- using sunscreen) I still think getting out in the sunshine and getting fresh air is important. 

I received a tube of Babyganics mineral based sunscreen as well as a pure mineral sunscreen stick. Both products have uva/uvb protection and are spf 50+



My hope was that the stick would make getting her face easier.  She's a squirmy girl and I'm worried I'm going to get it in her eyes.  I still applied the more traditional sunscreen cream on her forehead, chin, and nose, but this helped with her cheeks.  

I used the tube on her arms, legs and feet and applied it before going on a walk around the neighborhood.  The sunscreen doesn't smell any better than other sunscreen (and why hasn't someone invented sunscreen that smells good?) but it was thicker in consistency.   I liked that because it coated her skin better.

I worry about the products that I use on Eleanor and make an effort to choose ones that have less chemicals and are more natural.  Babyganics suncreen is much better for her than other on the market suncreen brands.

I'm kind of frugal and most times I get the cheaper option but this is one of those times that I will pay more to get something better for her.  Babyganics sunscreen is not the cheapest on the market (but I doubt it's the most expensive either).

This week I went and visited some of my family who was camping.  I had to go west an hour to get there and this meant that my rear facing daughter was getting the sun in her face on the way and then heading east to get home she was getting the setting sun in her face again.   She was sunscreen up before we left, when we got there and several other times as well as before leaving.

We spent a little bit of time down at the beach in the afternoon and this sunscreen worked great.






I would recommend this product for sure.  You can even buy it in single one time use tubes of an ounce which is extremely convenient because that's the recommend application and you don't need to carry around a big tube of it. 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



No comments:

Post a Comment