Friday, March 7, 2014

Eleanor is 5 months



Breastfeeding:
Still going strong.  I'm pumping a little more often now (and by that I mean maybe 3-4 times a week; I pumped and stored a whole 40 oz in February)- I'm paranoid about losing my supply randomly and want to have some milk.  

Actually I'm contemplating donating the milk from October.  I didn't know to freeze in small portions and froze it in 5 oz and it won't get used probably.  But even if I do that I probably have a weeks worth of milk stored. 

We haven't introduced solids yet. I don't think it's quite necessary yet, although in the next few weeks I think we will probably.  I wanted to wait until 6 months, but she is super into anything we are eating or drinking.

She is going longer stretches between eating now. She can go 3 hours on some occasions. 

Sleep: 
I don't know what that is, and she doesn't want any part of it.

She is on a major sleep strike lately.  Like she's up super early (before 7), not sleeping until 9 pm, and where she was taking short naps (but at least taking them) she's no longer doing that.  This last week I have spent an hour or more struggling to get her to take a 15 minute nap.  Bedtime is the same way.  Last night she was up 4 times from 9 pm -7 am. 

This is how I've felt lately with no sleep, and I think it's worse than when she was a newborn.




Misc:
She hadn't had her 4 month checkup when I wrote the last monthly post, but was 75% for head and weight and 50% for height a few weeks ago.

I did weigh her today and she's about 16 lbs.


I'm pretty sure part of her major sleep retaliation comes from the fact that she's teething.  No teeth have popped through, and I keep checking, but it would explain things.

When she's shy or being silly she'll bury her head in my neck/shoulder.  I think it's so sweet and I love it.

The last few days she's rolled belly to back a lot more often, but I've yet to see her go back to belly.

We started putting her in the church nursery and she does pretty well.

She also sits up pretty well, she has been for a while so maybe I wrote about it last month.  Here is a video from today though.




Me:

Still no postpartum period, and I'm cool with that.  Yeah, I know I needed to share that.
Jimmy

Actually though having no idea when to expect it makes me nervous.  I know nursing isn't a guarantee that it will delay it, but I hope it stays a way longer.

I've been back to my pre-pregnancy weight for a while, but my shape is a little different and most of my pants just don't fit me anymore.

My stretch marks are fading as well. Yes! I still will never wear a bikini again.

I'm pretty sure I wanted to add something else, but can't remember.  If I think of it I'll edit later.


No comments:

Post a Comment