Monday, March 31, 2014

The Eleanor Update: Week 25



So next week will be week 26 and she will be 6 months. Not happening, not happening!

say whaa

Breastfeeding:
I've mentioned that lately she's been causing me pain on the left side that lasts for a long time after she nurses.  I notice when I nurse her in the cradle position it's not as bad as in the football hold I usually do, but then she doesn't get as much milk in the cradle position.  So really it seems like a lose/lose, but I keep repeating "It's free, It's free" (because I'm very cheap  frugal) and that "It's the best thing for her, it's the best thing for her."  


Sleep:  
She's determined to be a night owl and an early bird at the same time.  She could go to bed at 9 and be up at 6:30 or she could go to bed at 11 and still be up at 6:30.  But there were a few days where she slept pretty good stretches at night, only waking once so it got a little better.

Naps are still short but instead of 20-30 minutes, usually they are closer 40 minutes so it's not much but it's something.  Still not long enough for me to sleep, but at least I get a minute to sit and eat.  She is going down better for naps, and even though I don't really love it, I have been putting her on her belly for naps and she goes to sleep quicker (on the rare occasion she isn't already asleep) and doesn't stir as often.



Misc.

She's been making this scrunchy face lately (I posted a video and pictures below).  It's hilarious!

I took her to the library for the first time this week.  I haven't been to my local library in a looong time.  When I was working and watching my other family (the one I watched for years), I always went to the one closest to them.  I like my library and the staff are so amazing, and it's the one I grew up going to, but it is a small library and doesn't have nearly the selection of books/movies as others. 

It was still fun and she liked it.  I tried to read her some books but she was to busy looking around and smiling at the library worker in the kids area to care.  

They have these vinyl/foam (I think?) kind of chairs that I'm pretty sure are the same ones from when I was a kid, and I remember loving to sit on them, so I popped her into one and she was happy.





























1 comment: