Monday, June 24, 2013

Double Digits & 26 Week Update

How far along: 26 weeks and am now down to double digits (today is 98 days until due date).
Uh what?


Baby Size:  A scallion in length (appx. 14 inches)


Weight:  I'm getting to the point I don't even want to share.  This week I thought I was doing well.  And then the scale was up 2 1/2 lbs.  I'm up 20.  I'm nervous at this point I'm going to hit 50 lbs, which at this rate is possible.   


I think part of it is from pop.  I used to drink diet, but switched to regular pop, which obviously has calories.

I know some will say not to worry about it, but I know I don't need to gain that much.

Though honestly I feel like I got a lot bigger in this last week so they weight gain shouldn't surprise me really.  Before the gain was more gradual and this week it was all like hello!  Maybe it's because I'm really starting to feel the aches and pains that I feel that way.


Symptoms:   

  • Lot's of hip pain when I stand up or walk
  • Back pain
  • Peeing a lot, day and night
  • Restless legs/arms
  • Skin tags, I've noticed a few

Maternity Clothes:  Rob bought me some maternity clothes at Burlington on Friday.  I got 6 new tops, a pair of casual shorts (like yoga style) and a pair of jean shorts and it only cost around $70.  I fully planned on buying them myself, but he got his card out and told me he would get it.  Major points for him!

I want to get another maxi dress (which is sometimes tough for me to find because I'm short), and a few misc things, but I'm okay on tops probably.  Who knows though, because I hear just when you think you can't get any bigger you do.

And I bought a pair of shorts to sleep in at Target the other day.  I bought non-maternity in a large.  I only got one pair because I thought I had a pair at home that worked.  When I tried them on last night I realized that pair is only going to work for another week or two.

Sleep:  Still in 2 hour stretches.  I'm really contemplating taking unisom.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I had the milk issue for a while, but over the weekend I think it switched to all dairy and I am not okay with that.   All summer with no ice cream.  Nuh-uh!

Belly Button:  In


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  Girl

Name:  Eleanor Rose


Movement: She's picked up again her frequency and strength.  Less of the rolling, butterfly feeling and more thumps and pokes.  Feeling her move makes me smile.  I'm that cheesy pregnant lady now. 


Stretch Marks: I haven't seen any yet. 

Best moment: My best friend visiting.  She even brought some super cute outfits for baby. Rob even said he really liked one, and he doesn't really get excited about them.  Saying he thought it was cute is excited for him.
And we got our registry done.
And Rob put up the wall plaques and decals.

Looking forward to:  Baby showers, hearing the heartbeat again.

What I miss:  Sleep is a given.  I miss being able to eat whatever and not worrying or wondering if I would feel sick from it.


Labor signs: I didn't notice any BH contractions this week.  My goal is 39 weeks. 

Appointments:  28 week checkup in 2 weeks. 


Misc.  I've been saving money and not really buying stuff for the baby.  I did buy a pack of wipes for under $2 the other day and some totes for her out of control clothes.  It's been a few weeks since I bought anything for her though.  

The only thing I really spend money on though is groceries (including medicine, toiletries etc..).  I'm really starting to worry about finances and how we are going to make this all work in the fall.  Before when I wasn't working it was only a full month (with a month of sporadic days as well).  I'll be done working end of August, and ideally would like to not have to work until after the holidays, which would make it four months of not working.

Plus naturally bills go up in the winter.  More heating costs, more electricity etc....

I'm really hoping I can breastfeed because at least it's free. I know it's better for the baby and that's another reason, but my biggest reason is it's free.  Is that really bad of me to think money over her well being first?




(Side note:  Google reader is going away next week.  If you follow my blog that way, there is an easy fix.  On the right side bar at the top you can find a rectangle icon that says 'follow this blog'.  Click that and it will direct you to blog lovin where you can follow.  You will have to sign up if you haven't already)



1 comment:

  1. Hope the hip pain isn't too bad - do talk to your midwife about it if does, need to keep an eye on it, Alice x

    ReplyDelete