Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Round 2: 38 Weeks



How far along:  38 weeks

Baby Size:

 

Weight:  Up a few pounds from last week.  Total so far is just over 30 gained.

Symptoms:   


  • Moving like this. 
  • Serious Exhaustion
  • Out of Breath
  • Pelvic Pressure
  • Also not totally constipated but also not having as many bowel movements which I think may be some of the pelvic pressure. 
  • TMI: Discharge when I wipe


Maternity Clothes: Tops yes, pants are yoga pants, leggings or the rare appearance of maternity jeans.

Sleep:  I wish!

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I just don't really have much of a desire to eat lately.

Belly Button:  Out


Rings on or off: On


Gender:  I'm thinking boy now but kind of because I do think it's a girl so I feel like it must be a boy then.

Name:  We have a boy and girl name all set.  


Movement:  Yeah, but not as much as before.  So I mentioned this at my appointment yesterday and my doctor decided to do a non stress test (nst).  Baby started off slow and once the nurse buzzed my belly (with a hand held massage thing) it perked up a little and has been a little better the last day or so. 


Stretch Marks: Yeah, but not nearly as many as with Eleanor.


Best moment: Feeling like I have pretty much everything done.  All I need to get done is move Eleanor's car seats and install the bases in both cars.


Eleanor's been playing with the bouncer and the kick n play piano play mat and it's really cute. 

Looking forward to:  Meeting the baby!  


Nervous about:  I'm scared I'm going to resent the baby for changing my relationship with Eleanor, or Eleanor for cutting it into my time to celebrate and bond with the baby. 


What I miss:  The occasional glass of wine, being able to sit comfortably.


Labor signs:  I'm still having lots of bh's and lately have been having a lot more pelvic pressure which I don't really remember having with Eleanor. 


Appointments:    Every week now.  Yesterday was just supposed to be quick but wound up taking a little longer because of the NST


Misc. 


To Get
  • New pump parts (I'm holding off on this though because I will likely get one from insurance that will be a different brand)
  • Ring sling  
  • Newborn diapers
  • Size 1 diapers 
  • Gripe water
  • A baby book  
  • Receiving blankets (we used these as burp clothes) or actual burp cloths
  • New bibs
  • Pacifiers (My sister gave me a bunch from my nephew that they didn't use so I'm all set now)
  • Some fleece sleepers
  • Bottle brush
  • Gas drops
  • Petroleum Jelly
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Big sister gift for Eleanor (shirt, book, doll, dry erase markers-random but she loves the ones she got at Christmas). 
To do:
  • Wash clothes/nursing pillow covers/car seat cover/rock n play cover/newborn cloth diapers
  • Check Snuza Battery
  • Hang up wall art, and shelving in Eleanor's big girl room (but first I have to paint them)
  • Clean closet in Eleanor's big girl room and move her clothes into there, get extra hanging storage 
  • Install car set bases
  • Sanitize bottles/pacifiers/pump parts
  • Wash playmat
  • Clean baby bathtub
  • Make freezer meals
  • Raise crib height back up  
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Call insurance about breast pump 

1 comment:

  1. yay baby! I'm super excited to meet him/her and learn the name!

    ReplyDelete