Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Round 2: 36 Weeks



How far along:  36 weeks.  Sunday marked one month until my due date.

Baby Size: 


Weight:  Still hoovering around the 30lb mark with a little fluctuation on either side of that.

Symptoms:   


  • Restless legs
  • Braxton Hicks
  • Like I said last week I'm super grumpy with Rob all the time.  I feel like he's mean to me and says things that he doesn't need to say and make me cry.  It could be the pregnancy hormones though
  • Reflux
  • I'm totally waddling now
  • Constantly out of breath
  • I'm struggling to tie my tennis shoes when I wear them. 
  • I'm getting hit with serious exhaustion.  Like full body can't even get up off the couch tired. Baby-nap


Maternity Clothes:  Tops are 99% maternity.

Sleep:   Up every hour to every 2 hours.  I can't even nap because Eleanor has decided she doesn't like naps anymore.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I just want to live off of chocolate.  Like 70% of my diet is chocolate related. 20% Cereal or oatmeal and the rest is dr pepper and 'real' food.

Belly Button:  It's out and Rob is constantly remarking to me and others that my turkey timer is done.  I want to be like...(see gif below) 




Rings on or off: On, but feeling a little snug


Gender:  Feeling the boy vibes this week but I still feel like it's a girl.

Name:  Still need to figure out a girl middle name. 


Movement:  Baby had a really quiet Sunday and it continued through Monday morning so I called my office and they had me head into the hospital for a little bit for monitoring.  I was getting a few bumps or little movements here and there but nothing like I normally would get after doing all my usual tricks (laying on side, drinking ice water or drinking juice etc...).  I've mentioned that this baby does have pretty quiet periods but because this was lasting longer and was less movement I called.  After some monitoring, an ultrasound (which would have been nice but I really didn't get to see the baby because it was quick and hard to see) and more monitoring they decided baby was looking good and sent me home.  Movement has been a little more normalish since then.  


Stretch Marks: Yes. 


Best moment:  Getting stuff done.


Looking forward to:  Spending a few weeks with Eleanor before this baby shows up.  I'm done with work now and while I'm nervous about money since I won't really be working for a long time and even when I do it will likely only be one day a week, right now I think Eleanor needs that time with me before things change forever. 


Nervous about:  If I need a c-section how I'm going to deal with changing diapers for Eleanor.  I change her on the floor but getting up and down will be really tough and I won't be able to lift her to the changing table.  She doesn't really have an interest in potty training so she won't be in a month. 


What I miss:  Not being so cranky, not being out of breath.  The occasional glass of wine.


Labor signs: So many Braxton Hicks.  And while I was hooked up to the monitor the other day at the hospital I was having some real contractions (sporadic though).  The first few I didn't feel, but then I realized that some of the ones I thought we Braxton Hicks actually probably were real ones.  I've had a few (again maybe a couple a week for the last few weeks) that have been very painful and they probably were real ones.


Appointments:  Next week, and then every week until baby comes. 


Misc. 

Hiding in Wait. Argh when being pregnant and waiting gets sooo frustrating! But also funny...:


To Get

  • New pump parts
  • Ring sling
  • Newborn diapers
  • Size 1 diapers 
  • Gripe water
  • A baby book
  • Receiving blankets (we used this as burp clothes) or burp cloths
  • New bibs
  • Pacifiers (just a few in the smallest size)
  • Some fleece sleepers
  • Bottle brush
  • Gas drops
  • Petroleum Jelly
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Big sister gift for Eleanor (shirt, book, doll, dry erase markers-random but she loves the ones she got at Christmas).  I already have some stuff for her. 
To do:


  • Wash clothes/nursing pillow covers/car seat cover/rock n play cover/newborn cloth diapers
  • Check Snuza Battery
  • Hang up wall art, and shelving in Eleanor's big girl room
  • Clean closet in Eleanor's big girl room and move her clothes into there, get extra hanging storage
  • Install car set bases
  • Sanitize bottles/pacifiers/pump parts
  • Wash playmat
  • Clean baby bathtub
  • Make freezer meals (but first I have to make freezer space)
  • Raise crib height back up
  • Call insurance about breast pump 
There must have been some nesting going on this week because I wanted things done and wanted them done now!

We moved Eleanor into her big girl room.  I was really sad about it and still kind of feel sad/guilty etc...  I'm sure that they are totally normal feelings and she's done okay with it, but I feel sad still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment