Monday, December 30, 2013

The Eleanor Update: Week 12



I write my updates throughout the week so I know what I want to say, but this week was kind of busy so I didn't get to it, and now I don't remember what I wanted to say.

Breastfeeding:  Another mostly good week here.  I was a little nervous about how the holidays were going to be, but I survived nursing around other people.  I really wish I could do away with the cover, because it's hard to get her latched and positioned, but I can't do it discretely.  If it is just girls or women I don't care, but around guys I'd rather not.  It's not because I think it's going to be a sexual thing, but it's more because I know Rob isn't comfortable with it.  When she get's bigger hopefully she will let me keep her covered although from what I've heard about other older babies the fight it. 

I had a dream (or I suppose a nightmare) that Rob took all my frozen pumped milk and made bottles out of them.  I was so mad because frozen milk that has been thawed has to be used within 24 hours and there were enough bottles for days.  They were stacked and packed in the fridge.  And in my dream I was convinced he did it on purpose-although I wouldn't have a clue why.

So when I woke up and told him about it, I said 'never ever ever do that for real'

But honestly sometimes I feel like I need one of those signs that they have in workplaces that say 'It's been this many days since an injury/accident/incident.'  Mine would say clogged duct or latching pain etc....

Sleep:
She was pretty consistent about being awake 2 hours and then getting tired, and then she decided her limit was an hour and half.  Since I'm really trying to be more consistent about napping in her crib with a sleep sack (since it seems to work well usually) it's making it tough to be gone for long periods of time.

When she does nap she's all over the board.  Some days I can get her to sleep 2 hours (she stirs, but will go back to sleep) and some days it's 20 minutes and she's up and wide awake.

This means I don't nap and I'm only getting about 5 hours of sleep a night.  


Miscellaneous: This girl was a hot mess on Christmas.  Full on over tired over stimulated meltdown.  I have NEVER heard her cry like she did.  We got her home and after a loooong nap she was her happy self.

The Christmas pictures are repeats from the weekly wrap up (which I wrote for the first time in almost 2 months!), but in case you missed that I'll share a few again.

First Christmas gift!
Getting some love from Nana!








No comments:

Post a Comment