Saturday, July 13, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 7/13

1) I wrote last week about how we were going to my sisters in laws to hang out.  It was fun until I started getting those stomach pains that wound up with me visiting the hospital the next morning. The boys did a great job.  They don't use as many cakes (where you just light one fuse), but they buy individual shots (I don't know if that is the right term) and then they set them up in pipes and fuse them all together.





2) I won this stuff this week (sand gone). I've seen on pinterest that baby powder works also, but it was free.   I also got the daddy scrubs that I won for Rob (daddy scrubs).  I don't know if he will wear them, but again they were free so I suppose it's fine if he doesn't. 

3)  My sister and I tried to go garage sailing yesterday, but my nephew was fussy so we only made it to two. I didn't really need anything so it was fine, and I didn't spend my money.  I spent $4 I think, and got 3 onesies, and 3 pairs of pants/shorts and 2 roller window shades for the car. I was kind of excited about the roller shades since they were $1 for both and normally are $10.  Rob actually had put them on the registry. 
My sister did buy something for Eleanor, because she had to have it.  It was only $2. Rob kind of thinks it's silly, but I think it is adorable. 


4) This week Rob was full of surprises.  If you follow me on instagram you saw the pictures I posted.  If you don't you should (click here to follow me on instagram). I've become a little bit obsessed with it and #hashtags and then searching for people who have used the same hashtag.

 He came home Tuesday with a utility sink.  I had won a diaper sprayer, but he bought the sink that had the sprayer feature.  We are going to use it for cloth diapers.  And it's something we'd been wanting for a while.  Whenever we do painting projects we always have had to clean the brushes in the bathtub.  He did a great job plumbing it into the washer line.  



Then Wednesday he came home with a bottle of my favorite wine.  It is the one thing I wanted post baby.  I don't really care so much about the whole 'push present' thing, but I wanted this.  Now it will just tempt me for the next 12 weeks.  I know some people say a sip is okay, but this wine is so good, I couldn't just have a sip and so I won't even try.

5) I've also become a bit of a fan of bloglovin (and you can follow me there also.  Click the follow this blog button on the top right sidebar).  I think I might have mentioned it before.  I switched over to it even before google reader was gone.  I think it's just a easy to understand format.  

6) This morning I scratched off a $5 lotto ticket Rob bought me last week.  I usually only buy the $1 tickets if I buy them.  Anyway I decided to scratch it off.  I wound up winning $100 on it!  I thought it had to be a joke ticket.  That is the most I've ever won.  I once got $40 on a $1 ticket and thought that was awesome.  And even though Rob's $5 ticket was not a winner, we still came out $90 ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment