Friday, March 18, 2016

8 weeks ~ Mallory


Sleep:
She's been going longer stretches at night. She has went a few 3-4 hours stretches at night and Thursday took a 3 1/2 hour nap.

I tried a few times to put her in her crib at nap time.  But she was asleep when I put her down and she woke up right away and wasn't having it.

I also think she prefers sleeping on her stomach. I sometimes let her sleep on the nursing pillow.  I know that's a no no but I am always nearby and constantly checking on her.





Breastfeeding:
Still going well although I still only like to nurse in the football hold. I've had to do cross cradle a few times because it's hard to do football in public.  This is strange but I feel like her diapers are more watery when I do cross cradle.  

Misc: 
Today she gave me real smiles.  Like on purpose smiles.  She's been randomly smiling the last week and a half or so but this was the first time I got a real one.  I melted.



Evenings have still been tough, but at least it hasn't been every single evening this week.

I was trying to nap with her the other day and Eleanor was in her room singing and I am convinced Mallory knew it was her because I looked over when I heard Eleanor on the monitor and Mallory was smiling.   Super sweet!











No comments:

Post a Comment