Saturday, September 12, 2015

Boy or Girl?



Although we are going team green and not finding out the sex of this baby it's still fun to guess.  I went through some of the myths and old wives tales out there to see what they would say.  I just took ten, and tested them out. 

1) Ring test:  Dangle a ring over your belly and if it swings in a circle it's a girl.  If it swings back and forth baby is a boy.  
Result: Boy

2) Chinese Gender Chart:   There is more than one version for this, but I used the same one I used with Eleanor (which was right for her).  It is based off your age at conception and the month the baby was conceived.
Result: Girl

3) Heart rate:  If it's over 140 baby is a girl; under baby is a boy
This baby has been in the 140's and 150's (Eleanor's was also above 140 the entire pregnancy; or at least that I can remember)
Result: Girl

4) Linea Niagra:  This is the line that forms on your belly. An old wive's tale states that if the line goes past your belly button it is a boy. If it doesn't you are having a girl.   With Eleanor it went all they way up to my breasts so wrong for her.   It hasn't really shown up this time around so no guess with that. 
Result:  Unkown

5) Cravings:  Sweet cravings equal girl (true with Eleanor) and savory cravings mean a boy baby.   I haven't really had a lot of cravings but have craved more savory things.

Result: Boy

6) Morning Sickness:  An easy pregnancy means a boy, a difficult one means a girl.  I was pretty nauseous at the start and still feel it randomly.
Result: Girl

7)  Mayan tale:  Take the mother's age at conception and the year and add them together.  Even number means girl and odd means boy.

Result: Girl

8) History of parents kids:  You can find out the sex by going off of your parent’s kids and the order.  If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child.  If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child.  If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order.  I think this tale only works when the parent’s had three kids.  
(Lucky for me my mom had three kids (boy, girl, girl).  And my brother did have a girl first, I had a girl first and my sister had a boy first so it was all true there, but then my sister had a boy for her second.
Result: Boy

9) Aggression in bed: The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be.  I was probably more aggressive, but only because I knew I was really close to ovulation and this was our only shot that month because of Rob's surgery that week.
Result: Boy
10) Side you lay on:  If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy.  If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. (I'm more comfortable on my right side, but I've always been that way)
Result: Girl

Boy = 4
Girl = 5
Unkown =1

So it's pretty much an even toss up, as it is anyway.  21ish more weeks! 



Any guesses on what this baby is?




1 comment: