Friday, November 23, 2012

Doubled by 10%

The title has a story and Rob made fun of me quite a bit for it.   We were out to eat tonight and I was playing trivia.  It came down to the last question where you had to risk between 10-50% of your points.  I wasn't to confident on the category and risked 10%.  Rob knew the answer so we got it right.  I then said to him "Thanks! You just doubled my score by 10%."  Yeah, I know, it doesn't make any sense.  Oh, he thought it was hilarious though.

Here is my other dumb/funny moment of the day.  I was getting hungry and wanted to make the last of the spaghetti noodles that were in the box.  There was enough for one serving.  I decided to use the smallest pot so the water would cook faster. I broke most of the noodles and put them in.  The few that weren't were obviously sticking out, but I knew they would soften and be fine.
So then the water boils over, and the flame (we have a gas stove) kicks up a little.  It catches the noodles that are sticking out on fire and starts spreading.  So now my noodles are literally burning up and I have to dump water on them.  The smoke alarms goes off at this point.
I had to turn the whole thing off and pick out the noodles that were burnt and once that was done but the whole thing back on the stove.
So yes, I burned noodles that were in water.  Who does stuff like that?


No comments:

Post a Comment