Saturday, July 20, 2013

Weekly wrap up

1) I've been bugging nicely asking Rob for months to take me to a Whitecaps baseball game.  Every time he makes excuses, so I finally gave up on asking him to go with me and tried to find someone else.  Then on Sunday, 15 minutes before the game is to start he decided he wants to go.  I was kind of stressing because I didn't want to miss any of the game and I knew we would.  Luckily we only live 15 minutes away so by the time we got there it was still the top of the 2nd inning.

And because we showed up later we wound up getting to park in the very front (like 10 rows from the front), and we got first row bleacher seats (which were buy one get one for that day with a coupon).  The only downside was that it was really really hot.  Like 90* hot.  We had to get up a few times and stand under the shade.

But they won, and I only wound up with a small patch of bright red sunburn (I did put some one; just missed a few spots).


2) I had most of this week off of work.  I only had to work Thursday.  I was going to be super productive, but I wasn't.  Oops. 

3) My oldest niece turned 8 this week.  No idea how that happened.  This picture is from the day she was born (also I look skinny and super young in it)


4) It has been so hot this week so I've been trying to use the crock pot more.  I made baked potatoes in crockpot.  I'd done it before but couldn't remember how they turned out.  Apparently not so well. I added a little bit of water  this time which might have been why they turned out better.

5) Speaking of hot, here is an example of how hot it was.  At almost 9 at night it was still 85* with a heat index of 89.  This was pretty typical for the whole week.  I still prefer it to winter though.

6) I have a few giveaways going on.  Check out the right side bar if you haven't already. 
And follow me (via one of the many ways on the right side bar) if you haven't already. 

2 comments:

  1. You still look so young because you are and so am I in my mind ;)

    Happy to hear that they won and you didn't get too burnt. Have to watch out for heat stroke as it can sneak up on a person.

    Are any of your giveaways open to Canadians?

    I'm follow you on BlogLovin. Thanks for linking up to my weekly BlogLovin Hop (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/search/label/BlogLovin%20Hop). Hope to see you every Thursday.

    Looking forward to connecting further.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
    BlogLovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/journeysofthezoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from the Journeys of The Zoo Bloglovin' Hop. It's been a seriously hot week for our area too, looking for a little relief tomorrow. By the way, now stalking you on twitter too. :)

    ReplyDelete