Tuesday, July 30, 2013

31 weeks


Down to single digit weeks this week.  Crazy!

How far along:  31 weeks

Baby Size: 

Weight:  Up 2lbs this week.  I think it's pretty close to 30 total now


Symptoms:   

  • Back and Hip pain
  • Restless legs
  • Out of breath.  Seriously.All.The.Time.  I get winded walking up the stairs.  It's sad.
  • This one is a little personal, and not really a new one, but lots of discharge. 
  • Night sweats.  I have been waking up soaked in sweat and I only sleep in a t-shirt and underwear with a sheet on me.  It's been cool (in the 50's) at night so I'm really not hot. 
  • Crazy dreams

Maternity Clothes:  Yep and running out of tops.  I still have a few non maternity skirts and pairs of sweatpants that are working

Sleep:  Tylenol is the only way I can fall asleep.  I've tried going without it and I need it.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  None really this week.  Really thirsty all the time though.

Belly Button:  Depending on the top I wear I can see it through my shirt. 


Rings on or off:  I don't wear them very often

Gender:   Hopefully still a girl

Name:  Eleanor Rose


Movement: She picked up her frequency over the weekend.  I saw my stomach actually move for the first time over the weekend.  She did it later that day and even Rob got to see it.  It's hilarious.


Stretch Marks: Found my first ones on my left hip this weekend.  Actually Rob noticed them first. 

Best moment: Prepping cloth diapers, cute baby fluff

Looking forward to:  Doctors appointment Friday and my first baby shower Sunday, 


Nervous about:  I'm actually nervous about the prepping of the cloth diapers.  What if I did it wrong?  I have no idea what I'm doing.  I washed them with detergent, then dried them completely, then washed again with detergent, and washed again without and dried them.  I will wash them again though before they are needed. 

What I miss:  Bending over.  I tried to remove nail polish from my toes on Sunday.  That was difficult.


Labor signs: Some Braxton Hicks

Appointments:  This Friday for a checkup.


Misc.  I signed us up for the hospital tour and a cpr/first aid class (non- certification).  I should have done that earlier because we only had one tour option that worked and they overbooked the class to get us into it.
I wasn't planning on taking any classes, but over the weekend we were at a friends house and their 6 month old started to choke on a piece of food.  They were calm and handled it fine, but it kind of freaked Rob out. So this class will be good for him, and really me as well since I haven't taken a class and been certified in 6+ years. 

7 comments:

  1. Cloth diapers can be overwhelming but once you find a rountine that works for you, it will become second nature. I reference this website a lot for washing/detergent tips. http://pinstripesandpolkadots.com/WashingDiapersBeforeUse.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you say that because Rob thinks I'm going to give up because it's going to be so much work, but I think that once I figure it out it won't be that big of a deal.

      Delete
  2. Everything will be fine! Keep telling your husband that--he sounds like the one going into major shock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single digit weeks left - woo hoo! Can't wait to see pics from the shower! Enjoy yourself! Thanks for sharing with the Tuesday baby link up community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea to do the first aid. Am sure you'll get the hang of the cloth diapers - still plenty of time to go, hopefully :-) Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you got the cloth diaper thing down pat! It will be fine. Cloth diapers are easy to learn as you go. Just don't get addicted!

    You are beautiful! Congratuations on the new babe. Thanks so much for linking up your updates each week. I love following your progress.

    I'm looking forward to the one that said - I'm in labor, or I had the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    New follower via "Mommy Monday".
    First of all congratulations on your pregnancy. I too am expecting a baby. This will be our 2nd. I cloth diaper our first and can tell you that it really is no more work than disposables. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.
    Have a great day!
    Bismah@
    http://simplemamaathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete