Monday, July 8, 2013

My trip to the hospital

Saturday I started to feel a lot if stomach pressure. I first thought my jeans were to tight and put in sweatpants and that did sort of help.

But it didn't completely go away. It felt like gas pain/cramps. 

I spent all night in pain and thinking if i could just fart (I know that's exciting) I would feel so much better.

But at 6:30 Sunday I still didn't feel any better and called the on call doctor who said to go in to be checked out.  So I woke up rob and we went to the hospital about 30 minutes away.  

I actually felt a little better on the way but it didn't last long.  The doctor had called ahead and so they were waiting for me, which was nice.

They took a urine sample and hooked me up to a contraction monitor and a fetal heart rate monitor. 

Baby had a good heart rate and I was only having a few sporadic contractions.

They checked to see if I was dialated and I wasn't and the urine sample was fine.

So in the end I left with no real answers other than it wasn't preterm labor (which I never thought it was), and was just possibly ligaments stretching or dehydration or some other pregnancy thing. I knew it was going to be something silly, but the pain was that bad.

I spent the entire day in bed except for a bath which didn't do much for the pain but still felt nice.

I'll do what it takes but just laying there thinking about all the work that needed to be done was tough, especially waking up this morning and seeing it all still there.

Rob was awesome though, and really took care of me.  He almost didn't come home that night from my sister/brother in laws so I'm really happy he did so he could take me to the hospital.

I'm feeling a lot better this morning, still a little crampy, but not to the point it's affecting what I do, so I'm hoping that was it for pregnancy problems and that the next time that we go to the hospital we leave with baby girl.

I actually have a regular appointment scheduled for tomorrow any way so I'll just follow up with my doctor then.

Oh and I learned that I will not be having an un-medicated childbirth.  If I couldn't handle this pain, no way can I handle that.  Bring on the drugs!


  1. I had very similar gas pains one time with Finley. I didn't quite have to go to the ER but I laid in our foyer in the fetal position and made Paul rush home from work. I had the OB on the phone when suddenly the gas relieved... I felt all better. I hope you're feeling better soon!

  2. Gas-x! I had horrible gas while I was pregnant, too. The gas-x really did help.

  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Pregnancy is so crazy with all the growing and stretching and weirdness that goes on.

    Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Baby link up last week. I hope you will link up again this week if you haven't already.