Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up 7-27

Pretty boring week here.

1) I won a prize pack last week that came in the mail this week.  I also got an email this morning saying I won a $25 gift code to Pink Blush Maternity.  I've been checking out their site on and off the last few months, and have seen things I'd like, but I'm to cheap for it.  So I'm excited to get something.  Hopefully I can get something in time for one of my baby showers. 



2) Last week was our local fair. I can't ride the rides (and they make me dizzy even if I could), but we went and split an elephant ear.  That was pretty yummy! We skipped the parade this year.  I think it's a lot more enjoyable with kids, so next year I'm looking forward to bringing baby girl there. 

3) We had an ant problem last week.  I tried so many things to get rid of those teeny tiny ants.  Finally in frustration last weekend I turned to pinterest and found this pin.  Since I had everything already I decided to give it a shot.  It worked.  I haven't had to kill any ants all week.  But we do seem to have an issue with spiders (yuck) now. 

4) At the beginning of the year we had a bird build it's nest in the laundry vent.  The vent ran right along side our bedroom and then the bird had babies and I could hear them squeaking and it was loud. They stayed for a few months and then were gone.  Finally after months of asking Rob fixed it today.  That's one project I hoped to have done before the baby got here.

5) I started prepping the cloth diapers today.  I read a few different tutorials online and the manufacturers guidelines.  I hope I'm doing them right.  It was a little nerve wracking.  I don't want to mess them up or anything.  I know I have time until my due date, but then I got nervous because I was 5 weeks early and that's only 5 weeks away.  So I washed all the 0-3 month clothes and am prepping diapers now.  I love all that cute baby fluff!

6) After a crazy hot week last week, it cooled off and is now cooler than normal.  The temp today was in the low 60's.  I don't mind this weather actually.    Even though I said I won't and don't complain about the heat, because I prefer 90 degrees to 20, this weather is kind of nice.  

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm, elephant ears!

    Jealous of your wins! I still haven't won anything. Grr. I must be doing this sweeping thing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winning thing is hit or miss sometimes. If it's something I really want I try for daily entries if possible. It's really kind of about luck though.

      Delete