Tuesday, August 13, 2013

33 weeks


How far along:  33 weeks!



Baby Size:  Apparently this is a Durian fruit.  I don't know what that even is.  The fact that this baby is probably at least 4lbs is kind of crazy to me. 














Weight:  Only up 1 1/2 lbs this week which is great, but totally is 31 1/2.

Symptoms:   


  • Braxton Hicks happening a lot more often
  • Back aches and hip pain
  • Acid reflux has gotten bad.  I'm sick of burping up dinner.  
  • Feeling out of breath all the time.  Just drop baby so I can breath better.
  • I think she's pushing on my cervix or something because I feel pain on a daily basis now. 
  • On the plus side I did better about not  being an emotional nutcase this last week. Yeah!


Maternity Clothes:  I've started borrowing some of Rob's t-shirts to wear around the house and sleep in since my stomach hangs out of mine. I need new bra's, but really don't want to buy any and then have to buy more in a few weeks.  And finding bra's that fit is already sucky, nursing bra's that fit sucks even more.

Sleep:  I wish.

Cravings/Food Aversions:   No real cravings.  Still liking pizza, mostly just thirsty a lot

Belly Button: Flat to out. 


Rings on or off: I feel like people are going to be judging me, but I don't wear them very often.  They are to snug. 

Gender:  Girl

Name:  Eleanor Rose


Movement: Yes.  A lot now.  I'll be sitting on the couch on the laptop and I'll get these crazy kicks and I have to throw my hands up and be like whoa!  


And I realized last weekend when talking to my sister in law that I have been feeling her hiccup for weeks, but I didn't know that's what it was. I heard people talking about them, but figured they were supposed to be stronger, but when I asked what they felt like, and she told me, I knew that's what I had been feeling. 

Stretch Marks: A ton of new ones on the belly plus the ones on my hip. 

Best moment:  Rob put the changing table together.  It's lame, but I was happy it was done.   
I'm starting to be able to distinguish body parts.  Or at least what I assume are her feet.

Looking forward to:   I have another baby shower this week for Rob's family, and one for my mom's family as well.  


Nervous about: Breastfeeding.  I really want to make it work, but I'm worried my body won't cooperate.
I found this interesting image though, which might make me feel a little better. 


What I miss:  Bending over, being able to get up easily.  Rob was laughing at me on Sunday because I was trying to rock myself to get momentum to get up.  Then he offered to help me. :)


Labor signs:  I've been having sporadic Braxton-Hicks.  I asked Rob to feel how hard my stomach was and he was a little concerned about it.  But they aren't painful and not at regular intervals so I'm not concerned by it.  I know it's normal. 

Appointments:   Friday morning.  It's a checkup with the nurse practitioner, but I have some questions about the delivery etc..


Misc.  I am sleeping so poorly and it's starting to hit me how little sleep I am going to actually get.  I'm up every hour and half to two hours now, but I am able to go back to bed.  To be up that often and then have to nurse or feed the baby is going to get tiring real fast.

4 comments:

  1. I remember being that pregnant..I delivered at 37 weeks with both girls...it will fly by once you deliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya on the bra situation. Mine are HUGE and I hate shopping for them because nothing fits. I am a G now and I don't know how much bigger they will get. I am also puzzled where to find nursing bras that fit that size.

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about nursing! You'll be learning to feed and the baby will be learning to eat. It will take time but both of you will get it in time - just takes a lot of persistance and knowing to ask for help if you need it. I never kept any formula in the house so it wasn't an option. When the hospital gave away formula or I got samples in the mail, I immediately donated it so I wouldn't be tempted when nursing got frustrating in the beginning.

    Once baby comes, you'll go in survival mode and look back at how you survived on such little sleep with amazement. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Durians are super stinky! Used to have them out in Singapore - v yukky and so smelly you're not allowed to put them in the bin :-)

    The best tip I can give for breastfeeding is get as much skin to skin as possible, rest as much as you can and eat as well as you can particularly oats. And just remember it doesn't work for everyone and it never has throughout history and if you've done everything you can, you can't do any more.

    Thanks so much for sharing at the Friday Baby Shower

    Alice @ Mums Make Lists xx

    ReplyDelete