Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday five doubled 11/16

Super size edition to make up for last week's lacking post.
1) I tried to make those apple pie/ crescent roll things I saw on pinterest.  My first problem was in getting the tube open.  I had to cut it, thus cutting some of the rolls.  Then the apple pie filling didn't  fit very well, and the rolls didn't  cover it.  In the end they tasted okay, but I'm not a crescent roll fan.  I did dip them melted butter and brown sugar and sprinkled brown sugar on top.  Rob said they tasted good, but they still had that crescent roll taste.  They did taste good with vanilla ice cream though.  next time I think that I would add a little vanilla to the butter mixture. A for effort though (and apple, ha).
2) I wanted to get some more frer and digital pregnancy tests since I only had one frer.  I have plenty of wondfo's but i wanted something else.  We were at Walmart last weekend and so I decided to get some.  I know they are more expensive, but I like them.  So the cashier (who actually was the friendliest cashier I've ever encountered there; we don't shop there often though), was all like you know there is .88 cent tests.  I used them every time I got pregnant.  That is the Walmart I expected.  Ha.
3) We got some of our Christmas lights up over the weekend.  We just did the ones on the front of the house, but it was so nice out I wanted to do some as opposed to doing it in 30 degree weather.  We weren't the only ones in our neighborhood putting them up either.  However they are not hooked up; we still need some extension cords.  We got some light clips on clearance last year and Rob said they made it a lot easier.
4) My sister started cleaning our house earlier this year.  She cleaned the floors, made the beds, cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen.  Last week was her last week and I had to clean this week.  Boo.  I cleaned the shower, then cleaned the nasty trash can. In the shower.  Then cleaned the shower again.  I also cleaned the sliding door track out with a q-tip.  That was the worst chore ever.  I kid you not, I threw up because it was so gross.  It was filled with dirt, hair and even a dead spider.
5)  Rob went hunting Wednesday after work (gun season started yesterday) and I always sleep crappy  when he's gone.  Yesterday I was up 5 times from 11 until 6:30.  I was so tired today.  I had caffeine for the first time today since last Saturday.
6) *TMI disclaimer* I think I may be developing a UTI.  It hurts when I pee badly.  My guess is it's from the applicator I was using with the progesterone pill.  I was using the applicator from the pre-seed lube and I was washing it and reusing it, and I must not have cleaned it well enough.  So that sucks.
7) I went to a 31 party at my boss's house last night.  I got a new wallet, a small tote to give as a gift, and another tote.  They are expensive however.  I  do have one wallet I got over a year ago and I still use it, but I wanted a more neutral pattern.  I'm not a very sociable person a lot of times.  I am a homebody and the party didn't start until 7pm so it was hard to muster up the energy to go.  I did it though and it was fun.  I'm glad I did it.  I'm trying to not be such a hermit.  I am trying to make plans to have a drink with a friend tomorrow, and I'm meeting my sister in law and niece with my other niece to watch my brother in law and nephew march in the Santa Clause parade.  I really miss my niece and don't know the last time I saw her (she's 7), so despite having to get up way early and drive downtown and stand in the cold I'm sure it will be fun.
8) I peed in a cup tonight, and tested.  I saw the faintest of lines, but I have no doubt it's just an evap line.  I'm only 9dpo according to ff (although I think I may be 10dpo) so it's super early and it was late in the afternoon so my pee would have been so diluted.  I couldn't possible get pregnant a third cycle in a row. I'll test in the morning anyway.
9)  I usually wash my hair every other day, but I read this blog post earlier this week (No poo').  I washed my hair on Sunday and didn't wash it again until Thursday and it did start to look greasy but it really wasn't that bad.  I think I'm going to try it.  I didn't use the baking soda/cider mix;  I just used water, but I might try that.
10)  I love love Christmas but I'm kind of getting nervous that this holiday season might be tough for me with the recent losses.  I really don't want to be a Debbie downer this year.

And that's what I got for now.  That may be the longest post I've written.

No comments:

Post a Comment