Friday, March 29, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up

1) I tried the trick on pinterest where you put hot glue on plastic hangers to prevent shirts from slipping off.  It is genius!  I contemplated buying the special grippy hangers before but really I'm just to cheap.  Then I saw this and it is fantastic, and I already had the hot glue/gun so it was free.

2) I got my hair cut and highlighted yesterday.  With the exception of a few small miscellaneous food things (like that chocolate bar I reaaaallllly needed after almost 2 hours on the phone with at&t) that total maybe $10 this was the only other money I've spent on myself in almost a month.  I had a friend do it so it cost me $40.   I felt bad because she is also pregnant (a few weeks ahead of me) and I know she was probably tired after working all day, and then spending the time to do this, but I really appreciate it.   And now I'm back on a no spending kick.

3) I think something is going on with our mail delivery.  We have gotten no mail 5 out of the last 8 delivery days.  Not even junk mail.  I guess it's possible we just aren't getting mail, but it seems odd to me.

4) Which probably explains why I never got the results from the NT scan in the mail.  I called today (the scan/blood work was done the 19th) to find out the results.  The risk of the baby having down's is 1 in 4,000 and the risk of trisomy 18 is 1 in 18,000.  I still have to have another round of blood work sometime in the second trimester, but for now I can relax a little.

5) My best friend was in town last weekend and even though it was a short visit and I didn't see her a ton it was really nice.  She will be back in June, then August and then October.  I'm loving the mega bus for her since it means more visits.  Yeah!

6) I "think" the weather is finally warming up here. The 10 day forecast only has 2 days with temps below 40 degrees and those both say few snow showers.  It's not a secret I'm not a fan of winter, and would take 90 degrees over 30 any day.  I'm so ready for the warmth.  I even took a walk today which hasn't happened since last fall.  I tried last week when the weather was decent, but naturally 5 minutes into my walk it started to rain.

7) Rob finished the trim in the basement room and we moved the office stuff down there.  It's a little bit of a pain to walk down there when I need an envelope or something, but that's just because I'm lazy.  We are then moving the guest room into what was the office/craft room and the guest room will be the baby's room.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have stayed longer! At least I get to come a few more times this year! Can't wait for October!!! Warming up here too #cautiouslyoptimistic hair pic?

    ReplyDelete