2) Naturally there would be a winter weather advisory the day my sister has a baby shower. This is her last one and the one for her in-laws. I don't really want to go. In part because I've already been to two. But also because her in-laws know I'm pregnant, but my family doesn't. I'm not worried they will say something to me in front of my mom. It's more the whole elephant in the room sort of thing. I know they know, They know I know, but nobody says anything.
3) I still haven't told my parents about the job thing. I don't want to worry them or have them think I expect help. My brother still expects help from them, but my sister and I don't. My parents gave us money for our wedding (about 1/3 of what we needed), and my dad helped me with books my first semester or two in college. Those were the last times I asked for help.
4) I did tell my mother, brother and sister in law though. We got together yesterday at Rob's mom's for Chris's (brother in law) birthday and she asked how work was. I went uh, um actually I'm not working. She said she would keep an ear/eye out for me.
5) I actually did have someone from care.com contact me, but based on what they would pay me, it would be another pay cut (this time about $25). It would be Wed, Th, Fri. The family lives about 10 minutes away (I guess based on the nearest intersection they gave). I'll probably meet with them though. If offered the job, I don't know if I should take it, or hope for something better. I'm running out of time to figure it out.
6) After that rough last week I decided I wanted to do the nt scan. A few weeks ago when I called the insurance company they said it needed to be pre-authorized and given the fact that I didn't have a history or risk factors it was unlikely they would so I was going to let it go. My sister has the same insurance (different ob practice) though and it was covered for her last fall.
So I called my ob's office Monday and told them I wanted to do it, but needed the pre-authorization. They said they would call the MFM (maternal fetal medicine) since they don't do it on site and schedule it and then they would call me and give me the code for billing which I was supposed to then call my primary care doctor with and have him authorize it). Whew! So I got the notification via the online health care network that it was scheduled (which I later changed). I called got the code and called my doctor's office and explained it to them.
They didn't call me back that day so I called them the next day and left a message. They called back and the woman I spoke to at the doctors office said that she spoke to the insurance company. The insurance company said that it only needs to be pre-authorized on the east side of the state and not the west side where we live. Seems kind of silly, but whatever. I'm happy to see the baby again, and hoping Rob can make this appointment, but again not expecting him to. I think it's the unknown that worries me. If baby is healthy, awesome, but if something is wrong I don't want to wait another 8 weeks to find out.
Whew! I think that's it for now :)