Friday, March 22, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up

1) I never thought I would feel this way, but I look at the ultrasound pictures from this week and I get all teary because I can't believe that is my baby.  I can't feel the baby, and I don't look pregnant so it's hard to really feel pregnant sometimes, but to look at that and know what it took to get here it amazing.  I'm turning into a sap. Oh boy.



2) Still no job.  I've sent messages to several families.  As much as I feel like a change, at this point I think child care really is going to be my best option.  It's kind of discouraging me (the jobless thing). It's not that I really expected a job to fall into my lap, but maybe I kind of did.  It's been over 2 weeks since I've worked and I'm getting used to not working.  I've even sent messages to friends I know that work in childcare to let me know if they have heard of anything.

3) Since I'm worried I'm going to get way to used to not working I'm determined to clean the house  Like really clean it.  Yesterday I swept and mopped the bathroom, kitchen and entryway floors.  I even pulled out the stove and cleaned behind it. I wasn't going to try to move the fridge though. I vacuumed the entire upstairs.  I attempted to clean the bathtub but I had a hard time leaning over it. Not because I have a big belly, but it just wasn't comfortable. 

4) I got an iphone this week.  At 27 I finally got my first smartphone.  I'm so grown up now!  Rob got one on Sunday and I was jealous, but mine needed a battery and otherwise it worked fine.  He didn't need the iphone but he needed a new phone.  His screen would go fuzzy, it wouldn't make or get calls or texts. He had an iphone 3.  Then on Monday he came home and said that he felt bad that he got one and I didn't so I got one too.  I'm worried we can't afford it, but it's only $30 extra a month for my data.

5) My best friend will be here tomorrow!  I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving. Yea!

6) Rob is getting mildly annoyed that we haven't told everyone yet.  We did tell his mom Tuesday.  She got Rob the phone. So we brought her a thank you card and Rob wrote it in 'Thanks grandma for getting my dad a new phone. That was nice of you. See you in late September or early October.'  She read it and was like 'Your pregnant?'  She was surprised but excited.
Telling everyone else is getting difficult.  We were going to tell my parents that day, but my dad was sleeping when we stopped by and I didn't want to wake him up (he works third shift), Rob's dad works at Walmart and was working that night.  Rob's sister's husband is out of town this week so we have to wait to tell them together.  My brother still needs to know also as well as my niece (although I'm not as worried about her; she's 7).

Then with my best friend coming this weekend I want to hang out with her.  I don't understand why it's a big deal to wait a few more days.  I know he's excited, but I want to hang out with my friend since I only see her a few times a year.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week, I hope you find a job.

    ReplyDelete