Saturday, June 29, 2013

Winning & Wrapping it up

I'm not very consistent about the weekly wrap-up.  I try to be, but then feel like I don't have anything new to add so I just don't.

1) My best friend was in town this past week.  It was nice to visit with her.  She was just her in March and actually will be back in August for our 10 year class reunion and then sometime in October to meet baby Eleanor.   She takes the mega bus which means it takes longer to get here but it is  ridiculously cheap and that was she can come more often. 


2) After not really winning anything for a few weeks (I won a bottle and breast milk cleaning soap from Medela last week, which came 2 days later.  Awesome!) this week made up for it.



On Tuesday
I won a $30 gift card to etsy shop Jameson Monroe. Normally I think these headbands are obnoxious, but I'm changing my mind.  Adorable.  Now I have to decide on which ones I want to get.

Then I won a $100 amazon gift card
And then I won a nuby pacifier from a contest they did on Facebook.

On Wednesday I won my choice of $25 to amazon or paypal.  I choose paypal option. Thanks to the amazon gift card I won and the ones that I have earned from swagbucks (Sign up here), I felt like I have a good balance going and wanted paypal because it's a little more versatile.

3) We were given a rocking chair from the neighbors at my parent's cabin.  It's small and that means it will fit into her room if that's where we choose to keep it.  I just need to get cushions for it.  I also kind of want to paint or stain it, but I'm sure I would mess it up and don't want to chance it. 

4) I worked a shorter work week, because I had Monday and Tuesday off from Job #1.   I was still tired, but the kids were so awesome on Friday.  I kept waiting for some sort of fight or something, but nope.  They helped each other out when needed, did their chores without me having to say anything and when we needed to go to the Library to return books and movies they didn't complain or whine.  I know this won't be an everyday thing, but it was great.

5) My baby shower invitations for my dad's family shower went out this week.  Eeek!  It's real now.  And I'm grateful that the only things that we really only need are a car seat (which I don't expect anyone to buy for us since it is expensive) and diapers (both disposable and cloth).  The rest is small stuff like bath toys, sleep sacks, changing pad/covers, etc...

6) Last night we went out to dinner with my sister's brother in law, his wife, and their son who is 2 1/2.  (Note her brother in law is also Rob's boss, although they were friends before working together, and I'm never quite sure how to refer to him as). Regardless it was fun.  We went to a Thai place and even mild my rice had a little spice to it, but it wasn't so much I couldn't eat it.  Then we went to this place called The Pump House.  I had no idea it existed.  You pick your flavor of frozen yogurt and then your toppings and there were a ridiculous amount that ranged from fruit to candy to cereal to baking things (like chocolate chips and marshmallows etc..).  I went with strawberry flavor and added chocolate chips, cherry chips and a little chocolate syrup.  I got a small amount and still felt ill because of the dairy.  But it was delicious and worth it.  Rob went a little crazy on the toppings. If you follow me on instagram (if not, see right top sidebar) you saw the picture already.  It's not the cheapest place, but it was fun and I'd like to go again.

7) This morning we took my niece to see Despicable Me 2.  It was another movie that I had gotten free tickets too.  I thought I learned my lesson last time with the Fast and the Furious and wanted to get there early.  We got there 20 minutes before start time and the only seats were in the first 2 rows.  Then my niece wanted popcorn and something to drink.  So $20 and 25 minutes in line later we missed the first few minutes of the movie.  I also didn't know it was going to be in 3D.  But it was a really cute movie and she had a lot of fun.  After the movie we stopped by Sam's Club because I needed a few essentials (toilet paper, paper towels, ground beef etc.).  Rob and Kayleigh were ridiculous.  They would run away from me and think it was hilarious that I couldn't catch up to them.  I love watching them together though and I get all warm fuzzies and can't wait to see Rob with Eleanor and get to do fun stuff with her. 





8) I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lately.  I used the last of the homemade jelly I bought which is was superior to store bought jelly.  I mentioned last week I was going to go strawberry picking and I got up early Thursday to go.  I got to the place (about 10 minutes away) and walked down the aisles and waited for the worker to show me where to pick.  While waiting I turned and saw my dad.  So I walked over to say hi.  He had a container of berries that he told me he picked for my sister and I.  Sweet!  And when I said at least let me pay for them, he said nope.  So I didn't have to pick and I didn't have to pay for them.  I love my dad.
I made some jam, froze some mashed strawberries for future jam use, froze some whole berries, ate some and still had leftover berries. 

9)  I know I shouldn't worry, but I've become nervous about my gaining weight lately so I've been trying to walk more.  As I'm walking I noticed that even my shadow looks pregnant. Haha.








No comments:

Post a Comment