Tuesday, June 4, 2013

23 week update



How far along:  23 weeks

Baby Size:  grapefruit

Weight:  135.4, only up a quarter pound this week.  I ate much better this week.  I am home a lot so snacking when I was bored was part of the problem.  I cut back on that and tried to eat less junk.  I know it's okay to gain weight, but 2lbs a week for the last few weeks seemed like a bit much.

Symptoms:   

  • Hungry.all.the.time
  • Nauseous again.  That one started over the weekend. 
  • It's getting difficult to get up from sitting down.  I kind of have to do this whole roll thing to get momentum.  I'm not huge, but it's starting to be uncomfortable.
Maternity Clothes:  Mostly only maternity.  I do have a few skirts, and tops that are still working.  Everyday I seem to find something in my drawers/closet that doesn't fit anymore.  On the flip side I did find a pair of leggings, a tunic style top and a dress that still worked.  Yeah for that!

Sleep:  I had a few 2 hour stretches this week, but it's never enough.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  Chocolate (especially peanut butter cups), donuts.   My facebook followers saw this pic, but Friday Rob called on his way home and asked if I needed anything.  I told him if he stopped somewhere peanut butte cups sounded good, but not to make a special trip.  He came home with this.   I was a happy pregnant wife. :) 



Belly Button: In


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  Girl

Name:  Eleanor Rose


Movement: I felt her from the outside for the first time over the weekend.  I've been trying to get Rob to feel her, but when I move so he can, she stops.  Fickle girl. 


Stretch Marks: Not yet.  Rob keeps asking me if I've been putting something on my belly.  When I remember lotion after a shower I will, but otherwise no.  

Best moment:  Not baby related, but getting a source of income again! I now have 2 part time jobs this summer totaling about 28 hours. 

Looking forward to:  Viability, baby showers, meeting her

What I miss:  Bending forward, twisting at the waist.


Labor signs: I didn't notice any braxton hicks this week. 

Appointments:  Next week is my 24 week appt and the GD test. 


Misc.  Rob cracks me up.  I think he's proud of my growing belly.  Sometimes he'll look at me and be like "Wow, your really starting to show"




(This post, along with all my other weekly updates are linked up here)

3 comments:

  1. I think you really popped this week! Looking adorable. And your cravings sound so familiar to mine. Except mine never went away. I just bought peanut butter cups yesterday. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is AWESOME and you look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the name, and you look beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up at The Tuesday Baby Link Up!

    ReplyDelete