Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Five 10/26

1) Biggie, and not really new news, but I had my second loss last weekend, thus no Friday five last week. I posted about it here. This is an update post.  I did tell my sister yesterday about it.  She knew about the first one.  The only other thing I've come to realize is that I guess I kind of assumed people got pregnant when they wanted to.  I never thought that they may have had struggles of their own, and that's probably because they aren't talked about.  So then I think I want to talk about it, because if that can help someone it's good.  But I am not to the point where I can talk about it without being sad. Someday....

2)I painted the spare room in the basement last week.  I won the paint months ago and haven't gotten to it because a few things needed to be done it that room first. The paint looked white when I poured it out on the tray, and it's kind of a creamy grayish color. I think I might end up doing an accent wall in the room though. It's a little to light of a color for me. I choose this color Sheep's wool.  I was proud of my painting skills this time around. I usually push to hard on the roller and get drips, but not this time. :)  Despite my cramping I finished it on Saturday when Rob was hunting.  It gave me something to do and kept my mind distracted. 
Rob replaced the light fixture and that made a difference.  I was going to scrape the popcorn ceiling and I was sure I could have rocked it.  I read about how to do it, but in the end I was just lazy.  I have one small section to finish painting though.  There was a pile of the old trim in the way and I didn't want to have to keep moving it around and I didn't have a proper way to dispose of it at the time.  It was to much for the garbage can.  
We have to get new trim, but we'll have to borrow a truck for that. Rob is going to replace the other outlet with a tamper proof one.  I need to replace the window of insulate it better, and put up a closet door or something there, but then it will be done.

3) On Sunday when Rob was hunting again I went to Michaels and bought stuff for several craft projects.  I'm going to make puzzle blocks for my nephew for christmas.  I found the idea here (Fabric blocks) I'm taking scrapbook paper, cutting it and using modge podge to put it on.  Total cost will be under $10.  I have a gift for him that I bought cheap months ago, and one that I won so he will be all set.

4)  I just found out this week that I will have a week off of work.  The Friday after Halloween until the next Friday.  They booked a  last minute vacation.  I'm super excited, but worried that I'll want to spend money in my free time.  I need to be productive.

5)  I finally found an ob/gyn that I could get into without having to fax my medical records from my pcp before I could even get an appt.  So I have an appt on 10/30 at 10:30 (I know that nobody cares what time it is; I just though that was kind of funny).  While I don't expect answers at this one, it will get me established somewhere at least.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* for being so brave to talk about it.
    I love Michael's! Crafts/DIY's are awesome ways to get your mind off of things.
    Good luck at your appointment! It is funny about 10/30 at 10:30!

    ReplyDelete