Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Buttons Cloth Diapers~Review

When Eleanor was born we mostly used disposables.  We didn't have very many newborn sized cloth diapers, and while I did use the ones we had, Rob stuck with the disposables.  I think he was intimidated by them with all the snaps.


Now that she's getting bigger I'm starting to use them more often and I love them.  I know cloth diaper fans say it often, but really there is nothing cuter than a fluffy butt.

I'm still really a cloth diaper newbie and so I'm still figuring out what I like and what works bests for us.

When I was given the chance to review a diaper from Buttons I was excited.  The covers are one size with two different insert size options depending on the size of the baby.


This is how it arrived. Super cute! 

Eleanor is 10 lbs and this fit her on the smallest setting pretty well.

This diaper had several features that I liked:
  • I liked the cross over snaps and am realizing that is a feature I wish all diapers had.  I was able to get a good fit around her waist.
  • I really liked is that the insert snaps on both ends.  I have found that ones that don't tend to move around a little, and I've had one leak before. 
  • I liked that the inserts had a tag sewn on them.  I have many different brands of diapers and inserts and I'm sure I don't always match them correctly.  I guess it doesn't matter as long as it fits but I would like to match them up.  With the tag I know that it is correct every time. 
  • Speaking of tags sewn on, there is a tag sewn right onto the diaper with care instructions
I used this diaper and after having it on for a little while she fell asleep and slept for an hour or so.  She's not a heavy wetter usually, but this insert was absorbent and didn't leak at all.


The diaper also comes with a card with care instructions.


The inserts.  I'm not sure why there is a size difference,
 but it doesn't effect how they work.
I like the cute little button on the back
Double Gussets

The largest setting


The smallest setting


The diaper has a snug fit around the legs

It's a trim fitting diaper.






















I've said before that I am a new to cloth diapers so I'm still learning what I like and don't like, and with use my preference and opinions may change; however I can't think of anything I didn't like about this diaper.

I loved this diaper and would recommend it.

You can buy Buttons Diapers on their website  A cover is $11 and inserts are $3.50.

They also have a few special programs where you can earn free diapers

1) If you refer a store who places a wholesale order you can earn a diaper package that includes 5 covers, 6 insets and 2 packs of cloth wipes (worth $107)

2) If you place a link on your site and someone makes a purchase you can also earn free diapers.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


2 comments:

  1. The size difference is for daytime and nighttime, most likely. Unless, some reason you received both a small and a large insert. The way the nighttime works is, you will notice the larger one has a snap on both sides, it is to snap the smaller one on top which will give you 10 layers of absorbancy and a super bulky diaper. (I love my buttons for daytime, but not for nighttime, the bulk actually makes the diaper not fit tight around him and I get leaks) but from what I have read, it is important not to use that nighttime insert by itself because the microfiber isn't covered with a different fabric and microfiber directly against babies bum could possibly cause irritation, but if it doesn't bother your baby, no biggie. But since your review mentioned the sizes and that you weren't sure as to why, I figured I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete