Friday, January 29, 2016

One Week Update ~ Mallory

I realized that I didn't have a special object to take her picture with each week so
 I just grabbed a random stuffed animal that Eleanor never was interested in.
But I do want to get something else for the next 51 weeks. 
This has been one of the quickest weeks of my life.  I need it to slow down.  Like way down. 

It a little bit is crazy to me to think that just over a week ago I still didn't know who this little baby was going to be and now she's here and what was life like before her?  Because it's already getting hard to remember.  

So far I've been doing okay.  The housework doesn't get done because I just don't want to miss out on snuggles with Mallory or some playtime with Eleanor.  So I don't do it and Rob doesn't do it.  It makes me a little anxious when the sink is overflowing with dishes and those 4 baskets of laundry have at there all week and the carpet has crumbs in it from Eleanor's snacks.   Still I need to take it easy though.

Recovery has been so much easier this time.  Like I said in her birth story I only took pain meds the first day.  I'm still sore a little bit from pushing her out, but it's gotten much better since middle of this week.  I don't cringe when I sit down anymore.  My arms aren't sore from holding my legs back during pushing and bleeding is light to medium.

Weight wise I'm not down very much (about 10 lbs) and I think I dropped weight quicker with Eleanor (some was likely water weight from the iv's though) but I'm not complaining at all.

Mallory is doing pretty good.  She isn't a big nurser though.  A good nursing session is around 8 minutes so far.  I've gotten a few ten minute plus and like two fifteen minute ones and consider that to be great.  But she is having wet/dirty diapers and is gaining weight.

Birth she was 7lbs 2 oz, at one day she was  6 lbs 13 oz, 3 days she was 7 lbs and at 6 days she was 7 lbs 9 ounces so she's growing like crazy. 

She had some elevated bilirubin levels because of a blood incompatibility but it has gotten much better and hasn't needed any extra care for it. 

Her alert periods are happening more and lasting longer as of the last few days.  She still is a big sleeper (as are all newborns really) but I love when she's curled up on me all snuggly.  

Eleanor adores her still which I was concerned by.  I worried once she wasn't so new she wouldn't like her, and she's still pretty new but Eleanor likes to try to hug her and kiss her and is excited to see her each morning. 

Big sister was sharing toys. :)





This one melts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment