Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Round 2: 27 weeks



How far along: 27 weeks- Third trimester!!!





Baby Size:  A rutabaga, a work glove or a double gulp.  



Weight:  Up 20lbs

Symptoms:   


  • Restless legs - It was really bad this last week.  I was up until 2 am for several nights pacing.  I was exhausted
  • Acid reflux - that lovely warm feeling in your stomach
  • Gas - mostly results in burping, but not always.
  • Bathroom trips are often
  • So tired - could be from the restless leg incidents, but I'm just exhausted lately.
  • Hungry constantly


Maternity Clothes: I tried wearing a regular t-shirt yesterday and it was pretty short.  So I'll probably stick with maternity tops.  Pants I can do non maternity if they are yoga/sweatpants or lularoe leggings (which they almost always are).  Otherwise they are maternity pants.

Sleep:  Not great; Restless legs will do that though.  To sleep I take half a unisom, use this sleepy spray made with essential oils and put a frozen water bottle under my sheets (I don't know if it really helps with the restless legs but I'm trying it)

Cravings/Food Aversions:  I want all the candy all the time. And have no will power to resist

Belly Button: I said last week it was out, but it kind of goes back and forth between being way out to kind of in


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  I've said before that I picture sisters, but I've had some boy visions this week.




Name:  Boy name is set, girl name is not but we have two choices and one sounds better with out last name so I lean towards that (and it was our girl name for the last few months anyway)


Movement: It's decreased a lot and I hate it.  Last night I was getting some movement for a little bit though while I sat on the computer. It wasn't a lot but it was more I've had in a small period of time in a while. 


Stretch Marks: Some from Eleanor that have darkened, 

Best moment:  Anytime the baby moves - because it's all about the reassurance.  

Looking forward to:  Hearing the heartbeat tomorrow and feeling reassured.


Nervous about: The actual birth.  I'm pretty okay with a c-section because I've prepared myself for that since havign Eleanor and going into it I know what to expect and what to do differently.  That being said I also want to be able to have a vaginal birth since this most likely is our last baby.  But I also don't want to go through labor and then still have the c-section.  So a planned one appeals to me and I feel guilty about that.  Plus I have to actually go into labor on my own to have a vaginal birth and while my water broke with Eleanor I never actually went into labor on my own. 

What I miss:  It's starting to be tough to bend over.


Labor signs: Nope

Appointments:  Tomorrow 


Misc.  I'm an anxious pregnant person.  I'm constantly worrying about things and movement and assuming the worst even when I have no reason to think anything is wrong.   I don't want to say no for sure to a third but not sure I can handle the anxiety again. 

I've done nothing to prep for this baby.  I mean not much needs to be done since the nursery is  but I have a list of things I want still. 

  • A new glider- ours is fine, but it was a hand me down and the cushion is pretty thin.  I spent hundreds of hours in that thing feeding Eleanor so something else may be nice.  If I could do something with the cushion it would be fine though
  • A video monitor.  One that isn't wifi because I didn't like when the internet out went out the monitor wouldn't work.  Plus the app had to be open for it to work.  So I'm thinking about moving that one to Eleanor's big girl room along with the cheap back up one we use mostly for sound.  I still need to see her when she's out of the crib.  So then I'll get a better/different one for the nursery.
  • A ring sling.  This is a must for me.
  • A double stroller.  This can probably wait until Spring though
  • I don't intend on pumping much - hopefully anyway - but I need to replace some of the pump parts. 
  • Newborn diapers.  I want to cloth diaper from the start but I don't think I will full time.  I didn't last time because of not having enough.  I used what we had and then did disposables which I might do again


1 comment:

  1. Someone on my BMB on the bump said that her doctor told her she'd be more hungry than usual since she's having a boy. I have to eat about every 2 hours, so that might be true for me. Haha. Maybe a sign for you?

    Restless legs sounds horrible. I only ever get it when I'm pregnant and take Sudafed. Such a terrible feeling. Take the whole unisom, girl.

    ReplyDelete