Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Round 2: 28 Weeks



How far along: 28 weeks

Baby Size:  An egg plant, 


Weight:  When I stepped on the scale earlier I was up 26 lbs.  26!!!  Eeek!

Symptoms:   


  • Back pain
  • Exhaustion
  • Reflux

Maternity Clothes: Yes, lots of them.

Sleep:  I am so tired.  I have a hard time falling asleep - usually because of restless legs. But by the time I fall asleep it's late, and then waking up every few hours (anywhere between 1 1/2 to 2 hours) I'm just tired. Some days I am in dire need of a nap and could nap, but a nap will also keep me at night so I have to be sure it's not worth it.

Cravings/Food Aversions:  Give me all the junk food and keep chicken (other than nuggets) away from me.

Belly Button:  Out mostly, occasionally in a tiny bit. 


Rings on or off: On

Gender:  Unknown.  This week I think boy.

Name:  I think we are back to the girl name we had planned on; just need to pick a middle name.  Boy name still set. 


Movement:  Much more this week.  Still some periods of quiet, but overall more movement.  


Stretch Marks: Yes, the ones from Eleanor

Best moment: More movement.  Eleanor being so adorable.  I know she doesn't fully get it.  She will repeat what I tell her, things like the baby is going to cry a lot when it's born.   She knows the baby is under my skin (that seemed the easiest way to explain it).  She hugged my belly the other day and said she was hugging the baby.  And she will lift up my shirt and say come to big sister to my belly.  I melt every time. 

Looking forward to:  Rob feeling the baby.  He's only felt the baby one time so far.  


Nervous about:  My relationship with Eleanor changing.  I know it will, but I'm so scared of it.  

What I miss:  Bending over easily.


Labor signs:  Nope

Appointments:  December 1 and December 15


Misc.  I want to get a little brother or little sister outfit for the baby.  I looked at once upon a child over the weekend but their prices weren't that much lower than new for that stuff and I was tired of sorting through all the racks (they should keep that stuff separate lol) so  I went to Carter's.  They had some cute onesies and outfits, but I decided that was a bad idea since by the time I get back to returning what we don't use it will be to late.  So maybe in a few months I'll get something. 

TMI warning on this one - it's about boobs.  I weaned a few months ago (when she was 22 months) so it's been a while since she's nursed.  But in the last few weeks she's been about my boobs.  Trying to see them, snuggle with them through my shirt etc..  I don't know if there is changes that she can sense but for some reason it kind of weirds me out the way she's been.  It's silly since I nursed her for so long without issues.  I don't want to nurse her again when the baby is born now that we have stopped and  feel guilty about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment