Saturday, January 18, 2014

Weekly Wrap-up

I missed last week so this is 2 weeks worth.

1) It's not new news but the weather at the beginning of last week was crazy.  It was so cold. 

2) I got a job!  At the most it's going to be 20 hours a week, for a few hours each afternoon.  I'm going to be helping out a family member of Rob's by picking up her girls from school and taking them to practices.  It's not much but it's something, and I can keep Eleanor with me.  I'm a little worried that she'll be spending a few hours in the car seat each day (because of concerns she will get a flat head), but I think we'll make it work by balancing it with lots of tummy time. I'm just excited to be contributing something again.  I don't expect my bank account to grow, but at least it should be maintained.  Hopefully anyway. 

It's not that we can't pay our bills, but I got a huge huge unexpected one from the hospital that was due 2 weeks after I got it (so next week).  I called and actually asked for an itemized bill because I was curious.  The charges are crazy.  The operating room cost over $70 a minute.  A MINUTE!  Each pain pill I took was $5 (and I then had a prescription for 10 or 20 for that same price).  I'm going to have to call and ask for a payment plan and then we will be good.

Except that Rob's car also decided to go rouge and that's another bill, but we have roadside assist so it was able to be towed free of charge, and since he is a mechanic he can fix it himself.

Because I don't want to be all Debbie downer I have a fun little story.  I made a cd when I was pregnant and called it Full of Hope.  I went to pull it out of the visor in my car and out fell a $20 bill.  Perfect.

And I bought groceries this week with gift cards I was given as a gift and that I had won so my grocery bill was minimal (I saved about $130), so that's another blessing. 

3) Rob called me on Tuesday and said he was going to have an emergency appointment to have a tooth pulled.  It had been bugging him for a few months, but he couldn't take it anymore.  So after he got home we drove there (the oral surgeons) so I could drive him back home (a perk to being a stay at home mom I guess).  It actually didn't take as long as I thought and he feels better already.  

The downside was I needed to feed the baby while I was there.  It's hard to get her positioned and latched on and to do so covered.  And she pulls at the cover anyway.  I was about 30 seconds from doing it uncovered.  There was only one other person in the waiting room and he was on the other side of me.  

It's ipossible for me to do it without showing some skin off, but I'm kind of at the point where I don't really care.  I was uncovered in front of my brother in law earlier this week (my sister is nursing my nine month old nephew so he doesn't care).

4) I actually had a dentist appointment on Wednesday.  I thought they were fixing a tooth on my right side that was sensitive, but then he numbed the left side and I was like "uh wait a minute, which side are you doing."  And then I remembered we had talked about it at my appointment a few months ago, and he showed me the x-ray.  Oh yeah, mommy brain?  My mom watched Eleanor and she cried almost the whole time I was gone (which was an hour and a half).  She was sleeping when I got home and when she woke up her eyes were puffy from crying.  So I cried of course because I felt awful, and never wanted to leave her again. 

My mom still wanted to watch her though so she came over Friday so I could attempt to organize the basement.  Basically I just moved clutter around I felt like, but I did come up with some stuff to try to sell and some to donate.

This time Eleanor did awesome!  I only heard her cry a little and that was most likely because she was hungry.

5)  Eleanor has had a cold for a while, but it's usually the worst in the morning.  It was pretty bad at the beginning of the week, but got better and then it's been back tonight.  Poor girl.

We were supposed to go to a wedding today, but with her being sick, plus not knowing how she would react (and we didn't have a babysitter), I just wasn't comfortable going.

6)  We had dinner with Rob's mom last night.  It was nice to get out of the house, although sometimes it's stressful not knowing how Ellie will be, but she slept the whole time.  And then didn't go to bed until after 10 pm.

That's all I can think of for now.  I'm tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment