2) For New Years I went to my sisters and meet Rob there (he was hunting with my brother in law). We had pizza and hung out and then we were home around 9/9:30 ish. Eleanor was awake when I got there around 5 and other than a nap (I assume she was sleeping) on the car ride home she didn't go to bed until after 11 pm. She was up pretty much for 6 hours. So I was about in tears from exhaustion and trying to get her to sleep. She was fed, bathed, had a clean diaper on. Nothing worked. That was the very first time I can ever remember not being up at midnight. And Rob didn't make it either so we both missed the new year turning over. Hello 2014!
|Eleanor after we got home.|
3) On New Years Day I went over to my parents for dinner and to watch the rose bowl (my dad is a MSU alumni!) with my siblings and Gabe & Ellie (Rob and Jared were hunting again; last day!). 30 minutes after I got there it was meltdown central. Took her to a quiet room, nursed her, and got her calmed down. Rejoined everyone. Then a little bit later she had another meltdown. Cue another nursing session. I'm beginning to think she hates my family. Okay not really, but I think my dad and brother are to loud and she does.not.like.that. I don't know what else it could be.
|My mom and Eleanor|
4) My other nephew and niece were over for a little while on Thursday while my sister in law had a dentist appointment. I love seeing my niece because her and Eleanor are almost exactly a year apart (2 days short) so wherever she is at developmental is like a little glimpse to next year for me.
5) We are expected to get super cold temps starting tonight. Like regular temps at 0 or below and windchills up to -30. I really wish I would have gone grocery shopping now. But I do keep an emergency kit in the basement with a couple days worth of canned goods and water even though I'm pretty sure I won't need to touch that. I should however update the emergency kit to include stuff for Eleanor (diapers, clothes for her etc...)
6) For Christmas Rob got me a remote starter for Christmas. He's spent almost all weekend attempting to install it, and it's still not done (not complaining; I'm not going anywhere with those frigid temps). He's getting stuck on one part. I'm feeling bad that he's been working so hard on it. So I'm hoping he takes a break and then will not be so frustrated, but he's the kind of person who doesn't like to quit. Although once he get's it done I will be thrilled. We have a garage, but it only has room for one car. Since I rarely leave the house it makes sense for Rob to have it, but when I do leave, I have to put Eleanor in the bouncer or get her all set in her car seat, clean off the car and start it, come back in, get the diaper bag/purse/whatever else I need and take that out and then get her buckled up if needed and take her out. It would make it a little easier to have a warm(er) car.